Friday, August 22, 2008

MIFFED..NO..DISAPPOINTED?..NOT SURE


MIFFED?.. NO..DISAPPOINTED?..NOT SURE.


These columns have often read my ramblings about TIME.Yours' truly has often whisperd about the ambivalent feelings of entrapment in a time warp.That playful mistress has other moves up her sleeve as well. Like the one in Orwell's 1984(ah..loved it!),where it was always the same time/month/year by the government clock,that being the only clock in the land. It might or might not be 1984,but it was difficult for the protagonist Winston to disagree with the notion of date,of history,of TIME,because censoring at best reaches the cardiac muscle,but the HEART beats with/in time.What a plight living in
untime( r/f 1984..it must have been added to newspeak by now) is! How hard Winston might have wished to acknowledge, be let to acknowledge the passage of time; in a way wishing time to pass.

But then there are instances when one does not detect the passage of time for a few split moments and does not regret it either. On each glimpse of ISHA I have not missed time. On every rare moment of speaking to her,of watching her in solace , I have been oblivious of time. How hard my subconcience might have wished then not to let time pass;how hard my ego might have tried then to let time pass( I'm an egoist big time,and am aware of myself even in meditation,but not in those fortunate moments).

Today I again prayed desperately for time to pass. The advantage with bad dreams is that they are easily forgotten,the difficulty with bad reality is that it is hard not to remember. Some memories stay etched;this one too shall. Things did'nt look propitious right from the beginning. Everything that I hate,sluts blocking view,small obstinate groups that stink of negative vibes,that obnoxious trio,the unholy nexus,my insecurities,.. and my friends. Some names used to sound like my lub-dub till this evening,now every view is through a broken prism. I don't know what the CRYSTAL says, I know I should'nt crib and brood,but I hate tainted shirts and cracked glass. I prayed desperately for time to flow then;
flow , flow,flow at your deadliest,
flow through my cells,
flow through my numbed eyes and sore mind
(i'm not intoxicated and i know this language),
flow any which way you like,but please flow. i don't to be encaged in this time warp,no i don't.

1 comment:

Apratim said...

seems like that Einstein fellow was right...People are often(like you at least for this time) are warped in that blatant illusion..time...At the end of the day..remember...many wizards have spent time immemorial with time turners...tho ure case is on the other side of the reaction...still..let it be...